Mrs. Gaulke’s Classroom Guidelines

Expectations:

1. Be prepared and on time with materials, assignments and yourself.

2. Politely and promptly follow teacher directions and instructions.

3. Be prepared to participate in class.

4. Respect other people and materials.

Grading Criteria:

1. See rubrics below for Science and Bible class grade percentages.

2. Grades will be posted as often as possible.

3. Science Lab privileges may be removed for a violation of lab rules resulting in a zero grade for that lab.

4. Late work is worth a maximum of 74% if completed correctly and cannot be revised.

Grading Scale:

92 -100% = A

83 - 91% = B

74 - 82% = C

65 - 73% = D

If your class has a final or Regents, it will be worth 10% of your cumulative grade at the end of the year. The other 90% of your cumulative grade and each quarter grade will be computed with the following percentages. If you are in danger of failing and have missing assignments, you will be required to get a signed parent signature sheet and return it to me the next day. You will receive a failing grade sheet to be signed weekly until your grade is passing.

Science Class Grade Percentages

Category

Percentage

Laboratory Experiments/Projects

35%

Daily Work

25%

Quizzes/Tests

20%

Participation/Attitude/Attendance (See Rubric)

10%

Notebook Organization

10%

……….

Bible Class Grade Percentages

Category

Percentage

Community Service for whole Quarter (See Rubric)

30%

Weekly Memory Verses

20%

Daily Work

20%

Participation/Attitude/Attendance (See Rubric)

20%

Notebook Organization

10%

……….

Classroom Participation Rubric

Category

Never

Rarely

Most of

TheTime

Always

Time management

Begins work immediately and stays focused on task. Does not need to be reminded to be on task or be quiet. Gets work in on time.

Organization

Has organized file systems and notebook. Comes to class prepared with all materials for task before bell.

Quality of Work

Assignments are completed as directed. Writing is neat, legible and evidence of thought is present. Work is organized. Title of assignment with student’s full name is present.

Effort

Gets started without waiting for direction. Follows classroom routines without being told. Always works to completion. Hardworker.

Assignments

All assignments are turned in with a passing grade.

Participation

Enthusiastically volunteers with interest. Contributes to classroom discussions. Sees value in the work.

Attitude

Willingly takes on jobs when asked. Works without complaining or having a set of excuses for lack of effort.

Respect

Treats teacher, peers, and materials with respect. Listens well and responds in a respectful tone and manner. Allows others to remain on task.

Character

Demonstrates positive Christian character traits (kindness, trustworthy, honesty, etc.)

Attendance

Present and on time and ready to work. Infrequently leaves class.

……….

Materials required for all Classes:

(Kleenex box to share, disinfectant to share, as needed)

3 ring binder

Bag which contains (extra black/blue pens, pencils, with lead and erasers)).

Loose paper

Extra materials for Bible class: Bible

Extra materials for Science Class periodically:

Calculator (four function or scientific)

Colored Pencils

Metric Ruler

Notebook dividers or planner

Science class optional: scissors, glue/tape